January 6, 2011

So salmon for dinner last night was a treat. The fillets had a maple bbq seasoning rubbed on 'em, and they were absolutely delicious. And I have to say, the meat thermometre my good friend Krista pimped on to me was a purchase that was well worth it. If you don't have one, get one. I seriously don't know how I went so long without one, our last three weeks together have been fantastic.
With the salmon we had asparagus which are cheap at the moment so I roasted them up (I usually roast them in balsamic but we don't have any yet), and I made a caesar salad but instead of bacon I used ham, and instead of croutons I used raw sunflower seeds, for the crunch. It actually came off really well.




I was snacky later though, so cracked into a yoghurt with some walnuts. Still hungry, I resorted to 10pm toast. I think I should have bulked up dinner a bit more...


I skipped breakfast today, woke up feeling like I was hit by a truck. We then did a top up supermarket trip, and had a pita for lunch with spicy hummus, alfalfa, avocado, summer beef sausage and lettuce with a bit of mayo. It was actually really tasty but think I should have warmed the pitas before loading them up as they were a bit difficult to eat (couldn't really wrap the sides up like a hot dog as the pitas split). 




Tonight we are having roasted stuffed pork loin, as pork is also on the cheap at the moment. So will update that later.  For now, a big mug of green mint tea.

No comments: