January 13, 2011

Today was a good start to the day. Back on the grapefruit and I love it, I really do.

Lunch was whole wheat penne pasta with a beef and veg tomato sauce. Was pretty tasty, had what I thought was a rather large portion but ate it no worries (eating from a plate not a bowl always looks like loads but its just flat, I always forget that). I added a smidge of parmesan cheese, and voila. Lunch.


Actually, it will be my dinner too. Lee is working late and we are out of food so there you have it. It could be worse, at least we have something to eat.
EDIT: Yep, it was my dinner, but note to self.... tomato sauce may have been a good extender in uni days, but now its just revolting. Had a few bites of Lee's sub when he got home, and we polished off another violet crumble between us. Living on the edge...

I am really looking forward to having an income. Being able to be creative with food and trying new things, plus being able to buy healthier produce is what I need. It can be hard to be motivated & focused to eat well without a good budget, its hard to be motivated to do anything without a good budget! Alas this will change, so I will stop feeling sorry for myself and start planning...  Over a mug of green jasmine tea mmmmmm!

No comments: