January 14, 2011

BAU, including the usual coffee.

I whipped up another baked frittata for lunch, as we had random ingredients. This one had ham, spinach, zucchini and red capsicum with three eggs. Thats it. Bake it on 420 (F) for 25 minutes and bam, one tasty frittata. I love these because of the little pans we have been given, they are so cute and easy and great for individual sizes. I also like that they are not fried, no oil or butter needed, and the veggies are still firm when they come out, not fried and oily. Such an easy satisfying thing to make, and they are so pretty. I would love to serve it with a simple salad of spinach leaves, maybe pecans & pear, some goats cheese, mmmm. But we went solo today, and when I say we, I mean me and my frittata.


I don't like to eat too many eggs per week, I usually stick to 2 for the week, one of which is usually used to make rissoles or something like that. But eggs are cheap, filling, and so versatile, that I am stretching this out. I wouldn't eat more than 4 a week at the moment though. At least my hair is nice and shiny.

Tonight we head to the supermarket, we have a couple of different meats in the freezer that need pairing, and we have a week's food to purchase on a low budget. Time to get creative. I might come back and do a bit of a poll to see what people think, but until then, its what's on sale! Until then, adios. Will confirm dinner when we know what it is...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love its simple look and shape! Can you give us a look at the pans you mention?