January 17, 2011

Breakfast today was coffee, then around 9:30am I ate a banana muffin. I am glad they are small, but I swear I could pop those little puppies like maltesers! They are a little dry, I knew they would be as I didn't use butter and the mixture was pretty thick. I was contemplating thinning it with some brandy but being sober January I decided not to. Retox February is going to be a blast!

My lunch today is a combo of last nights left over salads. Then we will see. We have chicken again for dinner tonight, might stuff some zucchini as it has been a while. Will keep y'all posted as I am sure you are hanging on the edge of your seats to know what it is I will be eating.

I have also created a poll -----> over there (look right). Lee gets paid this Friday, our first pay day since May 2010, so we are dead excited and I would like to cook something other than our standard 'meat & veg' dinners. So feel free to sway the vote any way you like, I will include the recipe for the winning vote and write about my learnings from cooking it and naturally the results. I haven't actually cooked any of these, so there is another reason to have a crack.

Stay tuned....

EDIT: Dinner was delicious. Roasted chicken breast again, this time with zucchini stuffed with a little red onion, mushroom, beef summer sausage, egg and a tiny bit of cheese. The salad was cos lettuce with tomato, olives and almonds. Full as a goog!

No comments: