January 28, 2011

Slept in a little bit (sorry Lee), having my breakfast now, so its kind of like an early lunch.
Woke up wanting eggs, so threw together an omelet, and voila, I get my eggs! This one has zucchini, red and yellow capsicum and some red onion. It is definitely lacking in the meat arena, some chorizo would have been brilliant but alas, none in the fridge. It was actually a bit too much food, I didn't finish it. 


Will probably have a salad and a yogurt later on, I am tipping I will get hungry again later this afternoon. Grocery shopping this weekend, thankfully! Time to restock. (EDIT: I didn't go the salad, had a soup instead, and an apple)

I am thinking I might make the boeuf bourguignon tomorrow night anyway, as Lee is really keen and I want to have a crack at my mums recipe. Actually, I think I might have a 'bourguignon-off' and compare some recipes. I have another recipe in my French cookbook but it varies a bit to my mum's and the pic looks like its rather liquidy. Plus I hear Julia Child's recipe is a must, so I will probably have a crack at that too. Not all at once, I am thinking this will need to be done over time, haha! But its winter so the weather is ripe for this kind of food challenge. 

We are heading out tonight for a friends birthday so will probably eat out too. Its just at a local pub so we will catch the bus, which we haven't done here yet. I hope its not a 'kebab on the bus on the way home' kind of night! 

No comments: