January 6, 2011 - Dinner

Ok ok. I started dinner early today because I was going stir crazy with cabin fever. 

Tonight we had stuffed pork loin with roasted sweet potato, zucchini and an onion, and a salad of lettuce, tomatoes, olives & pumpkin seeds, with a sprinkle of feta. 
The stuffing I made with dried apricots and sultanas soaked in some chicken stock & rosemary, I added some walnuts and a teaspoon of cinnamon. 
Once again I overstuffed the pork and didn't have any strong cooking string so it was difficult roll, and then to cut. Still, it was really good, and would definitely cook this again. I was hoping it would have some juices to make a sauce with but there wasn't any. The meat was so tender though it didn't really need it, but would have been nice.


Speaking of overstuffed, I couldn't possibly fit another thing in. Good night y'all! 

No comments: