October 7, 2011

Early start today, again, but got a solid 8.5 hours sleep so happy with that. Had two spoons of yogurt with granola for breakfast, we are out of grapefruit. Was at work before 8, I have been working on something that well... wasn't working, and it was doing my head in. One of those things where once you start investigating, a whole bunch of other problems pop up. Once it was resolved, I think I pretty much gave up the rest of my day.

I took a salad in for lunch - lettuce, olives, chicken, pumpkin seeds and some goats cheese:


We were let out early today because we are moving offices, and its thanksgiving on Monday. I left just before two, and because Lee was sleeping, I decided to start walking. It was a beautiful day today, sun was shining, it was a warm 24 degrees, and my good friend the groundhog that lives near my work was out, so I stopped to talk to him for a bit. Also passed a lot of geese, talked to them too. I think Canadians reckon I am a bit of a nut job...

I made it more than half way where Lee met me, as soon as I got home, I went to sleep for two hours. It has just been one of those weeks. Woke up feeling a bit crappy, poor Lee was also feeling crappy, so we had a Harvey's chicken burger for dinner. And it was goooood.

Right now I am menu planning for thanksgiving on Monday. I am thinking gourmet turkey burgers and pumpkin pie. I have also had some inspiration on the gnocchi front, its been a while and I was reading an old friends blog (or collective blog from everyone in their household) http://www.310fitzroy.com/
I had some good house mates in my time, but this set up seems to be terrific! So maybe I will have a crack at gnocchi this weekend also. We will see.

Loving the results on the poll, still some time left to swing that vote folks! I am happy to cook anything that the meaty challenge throws my way, so its up to you lot. Peace out. xx

No comments: