October 11, 2011

Half a grapefruit for breakfast then off to work. I was peckish by 10am and there were donuts and muffins - I opted for a cranberry muffin, and wished I had the donut, it was a bit rank...

Had a left over turkey patty wrapped in proscuitto for lunch. By itself. And it was HUGE. I needed a knife and fork, which left me wondering how the hell we ate the turkey burgers yesterday?!

I failed to mention 'birthday chocolates' which I was given by my work. Everyone gets a box of chocolates on their birthdays. So I have been having the odd chocolate snack here and there. I ate two yesterday....

After work we went out for dinner, its Oktoberfest and we have been missing the whole thing (you have to buy tickets). So Lindsay (the girl from the FoodBank) suggested we go on a night were most is closed, go to the restaurant for dinner. It might have been loud with 'zigga zagga' style ooompapa music, but it was still fun, and made us wish we had have bought tickets months ago! Both Lee and I had the weiner schnitzel (pork), which came with 'German potato salad' that tasted strangely familiar although lacking in the pickle department, and some veg:


And I gotta say it was pretty good. I demolished it, and the bread roll it came with. Shame on me! I only stopped to have a sip of beer. Felt pretty German, I gotta say. Lee and I also met the chef outside, nice man. Probably wont go back until October next year.

When we got home we finished off the pumpkin pie. Back to the gym for us!

No comments: