October 1, 2011

What a hooooge day!

Started with two ryvitas with grape jelly, which was made by Lindsay, one of the volunteers at the FoodBank that I have struck up a friendship with. She is into canning and preserving, very interesting stuff!

Lunch was awesome, Lee and I head out to Sakura Island (just to clarify itsnot really an island, its a sushi joint) to start the Birthday Weekend festivities, I wanted him to try the sushi. This is what I had:


It's called Red Bull, and thankfully has nothing to do with that awful energy drink. It did give me wings though (see what I did there?). This isn't really sushi, its spicy beef, but was bloody awesome. I have been craving this since last time I went to Sakura Island, another girl had this so I have been dying to get it myself. It was awesome.

Dinner was also awesome, we hit the town with the McGregor's and head to Charcoals, a steak house in Kitchener. I thought it would be perfect considering its Lee's 30th, and their 7 year wedding anniversary. For starters, we shared some oysters (my first raw ones, and they were quite good!) and some garlic bread with gruyere. Mmmm. Naturally we all had a tenderloin filet for mains, I had mine with horseradish crust and red wine jus. We also had sides of creamed spinach, mushrooms, and asparagus. This is what mine looked like:


You can turn 30 any day Lee, this meal was amazing! Although, I have to say they didn't cook the steaks correctly, mine was meant to be rare but it was done medium. Never mind, still a bloody good hunk a meat, and that garlic mash?! Drool worthy.

A funny evening leaving me with sore abs and an upset stomach (I think it was the oysters), not sure what today will bring! Will have to organise something special in the kitchen I reckon, will keep y'all posted.

No comments: