October 10, 2011

Half a grapefruit today, then some proper lunch anticipation, which was soup, so while it was yummy, it was a bit of a let down.

It's Canadian Thanksgiving today, so I made turkey burgers and pumpkin pie.  I will start with the pumpkin pie, as I made that first. I had no idea what I was doing, I was kind of following a recipe which didn't make much sense, but it came out sensational.


Dont get me wrong, I know it doesn't look like much and we didn't have our hopes up at all. But this thing was quite amazing. Though the pastry needs work.

The turkey burgers were huge. I made the patties out of turkey, oats, onion & worcs sauce. I normally grate zucchini into the mix but we are all out (I accidentally used the last zucchini in the soup... whoops). I then wrapped the patties in prosciutto:


I cooked them in the iron griddle, then lovingly placed sliced brie on top at the end of the cooking duration to allow some meltage action.



Served them on thin buns with avocado and cranberry sauce, and a side of corn on the cob:



Lots of photos of the burgers, right? Well, we felt they were that good, they deserved the air time! In the traditional Thanksgiving spirit, we are stuffed to the eyeballs and don't really need to eat any more turkey until Christmas time. Happy Thanksgiving, Canadians! As for you yanks, enjoy yours in November :)

1 comment:

Helyn Laing said...

Loving the photography!!