October 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Lee!

Poor bastard didn't even get to sleep in on his 30th, instead he had to get up and drive me to work! I had half a grapefruit for breakfast, and that was it until lunch.

I had cauliflower & pancetta soup for lunch, which looked like this:


And it was gooood. It doesn't have any dairy but still has an almost creamy quality, although I left it rather chunky, we both like it this way. And it was really filling, so exactly what I want from a soup.

Lee picked me up from work, and we came home for a piece of cake before heading out again.


We were meant to go bowling but I think energies low from weekend aftermath, we went for a bite to eat instead. And when I say bite, I mean a belly full. We have been meaning to go to Hogtails for quite some time, so Lee turning 30 was a good excuse as any. I had something called the Nashville Style Hot Chicken... something. And it was bloody huge:


It came with corn bread and two sides, I tried to choose two lower offenders - baked beans and coleslaw. I took one bite of the corn bread, it was good but I didn't have room. The beans had bacon in them, usually a dream come true, but I wasn't the biggest fan.... at least the slaw was not so creamy.
Lee went with beef brisket, which was also huge. Neither of us came close to finishing, and rolled out of there feeling a bit too stuffed. Well, birthday shenanigans are over, so back on the gym bandwagon. Hope you had a wicked birthday (weekend) Lee. xxx

No comments: