October 12, 2011

Half a grapefruit for breakfast, and a cup of coffee, then off to work.

I was starving at lunch and soup wasn't going to cut it so Lee picked me up and we had a chicken pita. And it was pretty good... until I got to what seemed to be an 'old' pepper, it was chewy, like cardbord, and it was too late by the time I noticed. The thing was damn spicy too, kinda ruined it for me! Still the rest was pretty good.

For dinner we went to the Keg (I know, seriously, what are we like?!) and we both ordered pepper steaks. Mine with asparagus, and we shared a side of mushrooms.
I was really disappointed. My steak was so fatty and chewy, and the asparagus was overcooked. I was like 'whats the point in coming out when I can do better at home for a third of the price?!'. But still, we had a good relaxing time. Its been hard on Lee being on shift, so we tend to make up for it all at once. Time to calm down a bit I think! Especially as neither of us were prepared for steak disappointment.

Because about a third of my steak was fat, and therefore left on my plate, I ended up snacky later on. I had some toast with avocado, cranberry and brie. And it was good. But probably a little over the top...

No comments: