June 4, 2011

Dinner last night was awesome. It does deserve its own post but I am feeling a bit lazy, so forgive me.

So lets see.... Lee picked me up after work, we came home, dropped off the car and walked into downtown Kitchener, about 3km away. We went for a beer then caught a bus in to Waterloo and walked to The Keg. Man, we love The Keg! We last went in Vancouver a couple of years ago, we fell in love with it then and still love it now.
We started with a cocktail and a crab, parmesan and spinach dip to share which was really good. We both had a steak (of course), mine was a 12oz NY Strip, medium rare, with a baked potato that came with sour cream, chives and bacon. It also had some yellow and red beets on the side. We shared some sauteed mushrooms, and oh my god it was all so delicious. I kept quoting Mantis from Kung Fu Panda - I wish my mouth was bigger! Couldn't finish it all, but got as close as we could.


Breakfast was lazy today, a peanut muesli bar. I know I said I wouldn't have another one but laziness and sugar hankerings kicked in so thats what I ate.

Lunch was out, as we were under budget at dinner last night. I had a chicken wrap and a greek salad. It was pretty good, but not mind blowing. Still riding the high of last nights steak probably. Either way it was cheap and cheerful, and kept us going for the rest of the day.


Dinner tonight is planned, although not sure when I am going to crack it out. It's monkfish in green tea with edamame & shiitake mushrooms with a side of quinoa. That's the plan... will update later on.

UPDATE: Dinner was awesome, check it out! Skipped the side of quinoa, too lazy....

No comments: