June 07, 2011

Had grapefruit with strawberries this morning for breakfast. I didn't ride in today, the storms were horrific, so Lee offered to drive me which was sweet of him, on the ass end of his night shift. Poor guy was knackered but I appreciated the effort!

I ate a yogurt with some nuts at work in the morning, and was hanging for lunch. I definitely need to take in more food to work. Its such a long day, and especially on bike days I need more energy.

Lunch was another salad, same as yesterday but with peanuts. I got hungry in the afternoon so bought a small slice of banana bread from the cafe at work, which was average.

Lee picked me up again before he had to go back to work for tonight, so we decided to have pitas together.
Its nice to eat early, but naturally that means getting hungry later. So I made the soba noodle soup, this time using uncooked noodles, and they come in the cutest little bundles, check it!


I love the ribbon!  The last time I made this soup the only soba noodles we could find were precooked, so we found they went a little soft and mushy, especially second time round. These noodles are awesome, they are 100% buckwheat, have translated cooking instructions on the packet, they are much cheaper and much tastier. Loving it.

This is the end product.


And it was goooood. Bok choy, snow peas, shiitake mushrooms and spring onion with garlic and ginger.  Glad I have it for dinner tomorrow too, if I didn't have to cycle in I would take it for lunch also.

I'm stuffed squared (tired and full), so that's it for today. If you haven't already done so please vote for my Something Sweet poll, top right. Thanks, and goodnight! xxx

No comments: