June 29, 2011

Something strange happened last night. Dinner was awesome, really fresh and light, but I think it was a little too light, as we were both not just peckish but actually hungry within an hour or two. We ended up eating grilled gruyere, ham and mustard on bread. And it was good (of course it was, right?!):


But even after that, we still weren't satisfied. So we spent the night feeling uncomfortable and complaining, with no resolution. Didn't stop us having a solid night sleep though, of course!

This morning I had half a grapefruit and a peanut butter ryvita for breakfast. I didn't eat my yogurt when I got in to work this time, I held out til about 10:30am.
Lunch was really good today, I had a salad of lettuce, tomato, capsicum, celery, goats cheese and some parma ham. Yum. Really hit the spot.


This afternoon I ate a banana, which kept me going until 5pm. It was a hugely busy day so I didn't realise how hungry I was until I left work.
There was talk of meeting a friend tonight for dinner, so I chucked the chicken in the freezer this morning, but the plans didn't pan out. Oh no, the chicken is in the freezer! Never mind.
Instead Lee and I went to a place I was introduced to on the weekend called Ethel's Lounge, they have a 'tex mex' style menu, and I had a spicy chorizo... uh... I guess you could call it a soft shell taco?  Its kind of like a quesadilla, but not. Anyway, this is what it looked like:


Anyway, apart from snacking on a few rice crackers and a few peanut M&M's, thats it for today. Bring on the long weekend!

No comments: