June 18, 2011

So after some lasagna love last night, all I can think about is more lasagna. I made it for Lee, but it seems to be taunting me from the fridge. I dreamed about it, I woke up thinking about it, and I keep looking at it. What is it with my lasagna obsession? At least I know how Garfield feels. It's Garfield's birthday tomorrow too btw.

I had a yogurt with some walnuts for breakfast, then yep, another peanut bar. I know I shouldn't be eating them but we bought a massive box for 9 bucks, and they are not as bad as I make out. I just know I should be more mindful, rather than 'yeah that will do'.

For lunch I had rice noodles in lemongrass & chilli broth. It was ok, but I think I was much more hungry than I gave myself credit for.

When Lee woke up (and after I had an afternoon nap!) we went on a mission to find a vacuum cleaner (mission failed) and to find something to eat. We tossed around several ideas that neither of us were inspired by, and were lured to McMullen's with the idea of chicken wraps and salad. Well, that went a bit pear-shaped:


So I am in the middle of my cooking challenge, which isn't really a challenge but more on that later.

Also, my mum has inspired me once again, and I have decided that Lee's 'atta boy' points can be redeemed in meal form. Next week I am going to cook him mum's recommended 'sky high pie', which is steak and guinness pie stacked with a buttload of puff. Niiiice. I am thinking this will be the perfect opportunity to make Mez's recommended dessert too: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/25061/almond+semolina+filo+pie+with+butterscotch+schnapps

No comments: