June 13, 2011

Man, confession time. For dinner last night, we didn't have chicken. We had Harveys burgers (no chips) with orange dark chocolate as a chaser. How many times or ways can you say whoops?!

Breakfast this morning was strawberries and grapefruit. I had a yogurt when I got in to work and snacked on
some brazil nuts.
Standard salad for lunch, it looked like this:


Lettuce, tomato, olives, capsicum, goats cheese and pumpkin seeds. In the afternoon I had a banana and a few more brazil nuts.

I had my first volunteer meeting with the Food Bank tonight, and it went well! We are in the brainstorming phase of the project, basically coming up with recipe ideas and what we want the recipe book to look like. I think this is going to snowball and become a much bigger project. There are two volunteers including myself, and the project manager who works there. I am very motivated and feeling good about it. Will keep you posted as time goes on. Lee picked me up and we had a quick beer which may or may not have involved some chicken wings, and I received a email from my mum that had me openly in stitches. Its not always what she says, its how she says it. Thanks mum!

Dinner was what we meant to have last night, with a haphazard salad. I call it that because its a bit of 'we have some of that, and a bit of that' situation, with anything left over in the fridge. We have chinese cabbage, champagne tomatoes, pickles and spring onion. Random eh?! I totally love these stuffed chicken breasts. Goats cheese, walnuts and Italian herbs. Delicious. Plus who can resist some crispy salty prosciutto?


Probably a strange combo with the salad but I have to say, it was bew-ti-fool!

As for the cooking challenge, its still on the cards but I need to find some key ingredients. Hopefully in the next couple of days. 

No comments: