June 24, 2011

Breakfast was half a grapefruit, around 6:30am. Lee is on day shift again, so he left around then, and so I was left to ride my bike in the rain to work. Which was fine, really, there are lots of starwars like sound effects when riding in the rain, love it! Puddles on the other hand are not so much fun. Growing up sucks sometimes eh?

When I got in, I had my standard yogurt with some nuts. I mixed the brazil nuts in my container with the crushed walnuts, bad idea, was pretty much annoying trying to get the walnuts from the bottom to put into my yogurt, so I mixed and matched:


How guilty did I feel for using a plastic spoon? I forgot to bring one from home, was gutted. I did wash it though and its in my desk drawer for my next bout of forgetfulness. 

I had to buy my lunch, and by 'had to' I mean because it was raining I had to take extra clothes to work and couldn't fit much more in my bag. Plus its casual Friday and jeans take up not only space but weight too. With my laptop, bike lock & cable, clothes, towel, shampoo & bathroom bag, it weighs quite a bit.
Anyway, so I bought lunch, and again it was slim pickins so I got a 'greek' flatbread. 'Greek' because it has feta, capsicum, tomato and olives.  Anyway, it was pretty good but I wasn't feeling the best, just felt 'meh' about everything.


For dinner tonight we were uninspired, until 'bbq chook' came to mind. I was so excited when I thought of it I could barely type my message to Lee, its exactly what I felt like. Well, I didn't know what I felt like until I thought of it, but you know what I mean. Anyway, we had the best chicken sandwiches ever. Avocado, tomato, lettuce, chicken, mayo & spicy bbq sauce (only a smidge). Check it:


Awesome. Satisfied, totally cheered me up, and ready for a good day of cooking tomorrow. Might be tough as Lee is working 7-7, and I have Sophie so might have to leave her here and ride to the supermarket. Still, gotta be in it to win it, right?

I know my blog has been a bit uninspired lately, my food options haven't been the smartest or even well thought out. Getting back in to work has played a big part in that, and sometimes I find I am too tired to blog that day, so I leave it for later. I am hoping I get my mojo back as I really enjoy creating this blog, it's proving to do both what I expected and a whole lot more. I am already thinking about how to continue it after this year, but I have to say, it will be a relief to be over. Publicly declaring every bit of food I eat is harder than I thought. 

Anyway, here's to tomorrow, we are gonna get our pie on!

No comments: