June 21, 2011

Ok, so it was a fairly uneventful day. I started off with no breakfast due to us having not visit the supermarket in a while. So Lee took me to Sobeys on the way in and I got a smoothie and a turkey club wrap. Smoothie was as usual fantastic. The wrap? Not so much.

For lunch I had left over beef & mushroom filo pastry, and some salad. I forgot to take a picture, but just check out my last post, hahaha.

After work Lee came to collect me (its like having my own personal driver!) and we realised we had some spare cash so instead of paying it off debt or using it wisely, we ordered in. I had something new and it was extremely delicious - chicken and prawn lettuce wraps. I wish I had taken a photo but it was kinda messy so probably good that I didn't. It was basically stirfried chicken and prawns in an oyster sauce with mushrooms & other veg with some crispy rice noodles. You spoon it on a lettuce leaf, drizzle on some hoisin, and roll & munch. Mmmmm. Messy stuff. We also had some spring rolls to go with it. Always a pleasure.

Not really much on the food inspiration front, other than a meal I am going to cook for my delightful husband on Saturday to cash in his 'atta boy' points. Looking forward to that actually!

No comments: