June 11 & 12, 2011

Ok, again apologies for the double post, and an even bigger one for the cooking challenge, that will need an explanation. I pushed it out to today for a few reasons. My hair took ages on Friday after work, I had to go to a walk in clinic yesterday to get medication for my allergies and that took over 2.5 hours, and we went to the McGregor's yesterday for a bbq and I just ran out of time. As for today? Well, we had a nightmare of a time trying to get the ingredients. Even the tart tin, which we finally found but it cost us $25. Anyhoo, I have to push it out again until I find the ingredients. I am really disappointed, but never fear, its definitely on the cards! Will attempt this week.


So! For breakfast yesterday I didn't eat anything. That's right, nothing. Oh the shame! I wasn't hungry, I know thats bad and its not like half a grapefruit is exactly filling, but I skipped it all together. So unhealthy.
For lunch we both had wraps, mine was a chicken caesar salad, bit fatty but what are you gonna do.
And for dinner, well! Dinner was awesome. Krista put out an amazing cheese platter, as usual (this woman knows her cheeses!) and that was followed by some shashliks (I made pork with a honey soy glaze and beef with tequila habanero sauce, that sauce was store bought) and they turned out a treat! Krista also made some yummy salads - couscous with dried apricots and pine nuts, a black eyed pea salad and another with rice.
Soooo good.




This morning we head back home from Guelph and realised it was nearly lunch time before we had breakfast, so we had a peanut butter bar and some grapes to get us through to lunch. We were in the food court for lunch as we were trying to get the shopping done for the tart, so I had a Japanese udon noodle soup and a spring roll.



For dinner we have chicken fillets. I have some parma ham so I might wrap them and stuff them with goats cheese and serve it with a salad. Probably something simple. Will confirm later. I would love to be sinking my teeth into a scrummy glazed pear and macadamia nut tart but that will have to wait. I honestly didn't predict how hard it would be to find the ingredients. I am sure we will have better luck during the week.

No comments: