February 28, 2011

Man, last night's lasagna was so good, I wasn't even hungry this morning. We only had one piece each (albeit quite a large one) and were full. I made a simple salad of lettuce and tomato for the side. We have lasagna for lunch today, and hello, for dinner also.
I made it with roasted butternut squash and eggplant again, with a standard tomato beef sauce with mushrooms. It was so loaded with veg that the dish was really bloody heavy when I chucked it in the oven. I didn't have any Gruyère which would have tipped this bad boy over the line to a new level of awesome, but was good with melted mozzarella anyhow. Wasn't as sloppy as I would have liked but never mind.

Breakfast was one hell of a juicy grapefruit eaten over a cat that wont stop smooching us. She copped a fair bit of splatter but wouldn't budge. And the standard ryvita, and a cup of coffee. We are really feeling this Monday morning, plus its miserable outside, and our fresh couple of inches of snow are washed away by gloom of the rain. It was fun taking Soph for a walk in the snow yesterday but today... it's nasty outside.

Looking forward to this weekend because I am bored as hell in the kitchen cooking budget food then eating it for 3 days. Don't get me wrong, its still fun and tasty but I need a challenge plus I need to cook things that are  a lot healthier like I used to. Crazy that health comes with a price tag, it should just be a given eh? Not saying that beef wellington is a healthy choice, but I mean regular meals. I also want to tackle a dessert once a week, we are not really dessert people, but have loads of things I want to try. Hopefully I get a job soon and fix all of this...

No comments: