February 21, 2011

Last nights pork was lush as usual, had it with some roasted zucchini and a salad of lettuce, tomato, olives & goats cheese.

Breakfast was grapefruit with ryvita and a coffee. We slept in a bit (it is a bank holiday here in Ontario today, 'Family Day'). It snowed a few inches last night, thankfully! I was worried because it rained a lot last week and I thought that was it for winter. Rain is due next week again though, bummer. It is definitely warming up. We didn't make it to gym but cleared the driveway, it was much easier today so I feel like we cheated a bit on the exercise front.

Lunch today was left over onion soup with Gruyère croutons. Yummy yummy. Although I don't think I can face another onion for a while, I am all onioned out. Something tells me we will get snacky later on but at the moment we are already two hours past lunch o'clock (I like to eat at 12 on the dot, some things don't change), so aiming to get through to dinner without pigging out on something that I shouldn't.

EDIT: Unfortunately I didn't make it, I had a yogurt with crushed walnuts, and then a wholewheat tortilla with hummas and salad.

Dinner tonight is roasted chicken breast with salad. Chicken was on sale, we got two fillets for $4 at Zehrs, the free range kind. What a freakin' steal!

We received our hydro bill today (electricity), its a lot... So a sober two weeks coming up, but hopefully with some good recipes! On another positive note, I have an interview for my dream job coming up, I just heard today. So will spend some quality time prepping for that too, researching my ass off and preparing etc. Loads of distractions from our lonely pennies in our bank account!

No comments: