February 26, 2011, in the wee hours

Oh... my... gosh....

This is a crazy story, of two crazy people looking for a crazy burger that beats all crazy burgers, and naming this experience off a crazy tv show where they have their own crazy burger standards. I have mentioned before that our search for the Ultimate Burger stems from How I Met Your Mother, and we call it the Marshall Burger. And from this stems our story.....

We are Sophie sitting, and Soph and I walked more than 4km today in two goes (which takes forever because of the uber sense of smell dogs have, there is lots of stopping) so I was knackered and hungry after the tiny piece of pie I had for lunch.
Lee was hungry at work, I was hungry at home, so it made sense for Lee to pick up a snack on his voyage home. Well, that snack was a bit filthy... We had a Twister from KFC. Shame on us.
Sophie watched with hopeful eyes, but she knew she wouldn't be privy to such shame. And while the twister fulfilled its duty, it also didn't fill us up for very long....

I really didn't want to cook today, so we decided to go a dirty burger.  But which dirty burger we had no idea. We assumed it would all be standard fare due to our experience over the last few months, outside of the fast food realm. So when our friend Julie invited us to her last shift at Boston Pizza before she moves to the Netherlands, we couldn't refuse. "How are the burgers?" I messaged her at about 4pm today.
"DELICIOUS" she replied, and so we went....

I ordered the Boston Pizza Prime Rib Burger with bacon and cheese sans BP sauce, Lee did the same but without bacon, and wanted the BP sauce. This is what I got:


All I can say about this burger is... It's a Marshall Burger. To the tee. The combination of an amazing meat patty, crisp lettuce and tomato, soggy pickles, zesty cheese and a sauce that wont quit makes an easy eating amazingness.  If you think I am kidding, I never joke about a good burger. This is by far the best burger we have had in Canada, and as a standard beef/bacon/cheese burger in NA, it wins hands down. I cant wait to try out their Double Bacon Whiskey BBQ Burger, but thats going to be some time away, cant have too much of a good thing, right?!

If I don't dream about this burger tonight, it will be a royal shame.

No comments: