February 10, 2011

You know, most of us could argue that our mothers are the best, but I have to tell you, mine totally rocks. I got a parcel yesterday, included were a couple of cook books and some instant polenta, thanks mum! I sat on the couch yesterday and last night totally distracted by them, kept snatching one up and flicking through, then putting it down again, only to repeat the process. I am also looking forward to the instant polenta, I want to know how different it is from the corn meal I have been using. The Molino one says 'Ingredients: corn meal' but yet its instant. We will see. I would like to give polenta chips a crack as well, if anyone has made them feel free to give me any tips etc.


Last night after left over lasagna we devoured the violet crumble mum also included in her parcel, and a few hours later I snacked on some crackers and tzatziki while having a mid week glass of wine.

Breakfast this morning was ryvitas with peanut butter. Ready for the grapefruit again but we are all out so its on the shopping list for Saturday.  We are out of coffee too, probably a good thing, but I miss my morning hazelnut cup. Had green jasmine tea this morning instead.

Lunch was uneventful tomato and basil soup.

Dinner is turkey burgers and sweet potato wedges. It would be nice to chuck some cajun on there or something but we don't have any, so chicken salt it is. Oh and of course the obligatory salad. If they look any good I will post a photo later.

EDIT:  Forgot the potatoes, had some coleslaw instead. But check this out, the burgers were amazing. From the bottom up: Pickle relish, turkey patty, cheese, balsamic mushrooms, pastrami, ketchup and hot sauce. A... MAZE....ZING!



I have some recipes I am going to try this weekend, straight out of the mentioned cook books above. There are some really great recipes out there that don't necessarily cost an arm and a leg, so will continue down this route for a while. Still, there is a new poll so it would be great if y'all voted! Its in the same place, top  right.

No comments: