February 26, 2011

Well, today is cooking challenge day but unfortunately I have to postpone it due to the cost of the beef fillet. The beef wellington was a clear winner, which makes me one happy lady! But it will have to wait until next week when Lee gets paid. I have chosen the recipe from John Torode's BEEF cookbook, will give all the details when the challenge is in motion next Saturday. I really like John Torode, we met him in London at his restaurant Smith's of Smithfields, he is an Aussie chef who is friends with a mutual friend. Cracker of a guy, cracker of a chef. He is also on Saturday Kitchen quite a bit with James Martin, I really miss that show.

Breakfast this morning was two ryvitas with peanut butter and a coffee. We are yet to figure out what we are going to do for lunch, as we are en route to the McGregor's house in Guelph after Sophie's walk. Taking some food with us, I will make a lasagna tomorrow which will get us through til Tuesday, just need to sort out what we are having tonight.

Things were a bit calorific yesterday but for the record, I did dream about that burger and I am still thinking about it! But when things taste that good there is no room for regret, only self control, hahaha. I would like to master the meat recipe, I don't know what they did to those patties but they were out of this world.

Will update later with lunch and dinner, and hopefully some more pics.

UPDATE:  Lunch was veggies & hummus with some corn chips.  Dinner is oven baked chicken drumsticks and green beans, maybe a salad, I dunno yet. We are at the McGregor's and I forgot the cable to the camera so no photos for a few days, but will take them anyway and add them later!.

No comments: