February 8, 2011

Wow, I have no idea what happened to me yesterday but I was completely wiped out and was in bed by 7:30pm. I went with a salad for lunch yesterday (not the soup) which was lettuce, tomato, capsicum, sundried tomatoes and pumpkin seeds:


Snacked on a cookie in the afternoon and we had the chicken casserole with polenta for dinner. I was a bit disappointed in it, but was tasty none the less. I cant believe I crashed so badly last night. I think it might be dairy backfiring from the weekend, I was not feeling good at all.

Woke up this morning at 5am. Waited for Lee to wake up, made him breakfast and lunch and sent him on his way to work. I ate a yogurt with nuts and had a cup of coffee.

There was a huge head of bok choy in the fridge and some tofu so I made up a stir fry for lunch, and will have it again tomorrow (and probably send some in with Lee as well).


I am going to make a lasagna today which should also last us a couple of nights for dinner. Its been aaaages since I have eaten lasagna, and even longer since I have made it, so I am looking forward to it, even if its going to be a bit on the cheeseless side. If I had it my way, I would coat it with more Gruyère cheese than we can afford and let it melt right into it *drool*.

EDIT:  Lasagna was bloody beautiful. I roasted up some eggplant and chucked it in each layer which gave it an amazing smoky flavour, was delicious, even without the Gruyère.

No comments: