February 9, 2011

Breakfast this morning was a bit of the healthy slice I made up last week. Gotta eat it before it goes off. And a mug of green jasmine tea.

Lunch was left overs from yesterdays lunch - tofu and bok choy stir fry. Tasty as. I love tofu.

Dinner tonight? Lasagna, more left overs! The lasagna was win so I am happy with this, and quite often its better the next day.

While left overs often leave people feeling a bit bored, tired and uninspired, I am really pleased we are making the most of the food, not wasting much (even though I ended up throwing out some of the food from the nibble platter on the weekend which is a shame but had to be done) which in turn means costing us less. We still have a few meals out of the $38 we spent on Sunday so we should make it through to Sunday. Not bad, I estimate that we had about $20 worth of food already in the fridge so for six days, three meals for two people, not bad at all.
Still, I wouldn't mind cooking something interesting this weekend! And having a wine or two...

No comments: