August 27, 2011

So the day started with some cooking, and I totally skipped breakfast which was bad of me, but what are you gonna do eh?

Lunch was a bit dirty but bloody delicious - a Harvey's grilled chicken burger loaded with pickles and hot peppers. YUM! No chips or anything, just the dirty burger, and it did the trick, it was exactly what we wanted.

We head out to Guelph to hang with the McGregor's and to celebrate Krista's new job which she starts on Monday (congrats again Krista!). We started with a cheese platter - horseradish cheddar, goat's brie & raspberry parmesan. Soooo good. Oh, and lets not forget... BACON JAM! And it was awesome. It was Lee's and Jad's first time with bacon jam, but they were easily sold on it, it's the shizzle. Jad also bbq'd up some sliders so I had one of those too.


We snacked on some Lindt blackcurrant dark chocolate, mmmmmmm. Totally took me by surprise, though wasn't sure what to expect. But I can tell you I loved it! Wish there was some way to send some to Vickie in Vietnam.... Poor lass is going through chocolate withdrawals, they apparently only have really gross tasting chocolate there.

I made steak and guinness pies for dinner, they were meant to be sky high, but I dunno, I just cant seem to get them to puff up more than an inch! Maybe too much gruyere holding it down? Who knows, I used three layers so was expecting to puff right up, but it didn't. Never mind, it still tasted bloody delicious!
Also made some wicked garlic bread, a recipe I got out of my new Donna Hay cook book - sour dough with parmesan & basil.  Awesome awesome awesome. Will be doing this again! I was meant to make some salad, but had the CBF well under way, and figured we didn't need it anyway.



Today we were meant to be going to Rib Fest in Guelph but we came home last night instead. Shame. We also missed a bull spit yesterday. Too much going on at once!

I am ready for winter, I tell you. I know that's crazy but I miss the snow under my feet and ruggin' up to be warm. I also miss winter foods. Looking forward to some comfort food challenges. Speaking of challenges, I think the time is ripe for another one. Only four months to go for this blog, so would like to fit in two more challenges. Stay tuned, the poll will return shortly.... once I get some inspiration....

2 comments:

Jasmin silver said...

I'd like to see a Slow cooked food challenge heading into winter !!

Spans said...

I reckon there will be Jas!