August 26, 2011

I would call this a successful food day! Lets see, my day started with this:


I think I might need to switch to an alternate calcium intake, the dairy really does take its toll but I love this greek yogurt, especially with the drizzle of honey and walnuts on fresh berries. YUM.

For lunch Lee came to get me and we had pitas. I ventured away from my usual grilled chicken, and had steak instead. Loaded with salad, pickles and hot peppers, its was bloody delicious! But I felt ziggy piggy after I inhaled it, was bloated all afternoon and rather uncomfortable!

Went to our friends house for dinner last night, they leave back to Ottawa next weekend after being here for the summer, which makes us a bit sad. Haven't been to Ottawa though, so I foresee some excursions in the near future! Anyway, back to food. Mike and Heather put on an awesome spread, we snacked on guacamole and corn chips for a bit, then Mike served up some mussels:


I didn't stop at this polite serving, I kept going back for more. They were really nicely done, thanks Mike!

Next stop was dinner, oh my god dinner... Steak, asparagus & twice baked potato:


Again, oh my god, spoiled much?! Mike cooked the steak to utter mouth watering perfection, and Heather.... Those potatoes were the bomb! Seriously need that recipe *drool*.  Heather doesn't eat steak so Mike did some bbq chicken wings for her, which naturally I tried one of those too and it was awesome.  Why do you guys have to go back to Ottawa?! This will not be the end of Team de Souzenbacher, you hear me??


No comments: