August 12, 2011

So a good day to not have to ride my bike in to work! Lee came home and drove me, was lovely to see him for 20 minutes, I really hate it when he is on night shift.

For breakfast I had half a grapefruit and some nectarine. I made myself a nectarine & berry fruit salad with some greek yogurt, honey and nuts, however when I got in to work my day wasn't so easy and I forgot to eat it. Bummer!

Lunch was... well, weird to some but delicious to me. I cut up some pork into tiny chunks, mixed it with some olives and a teaspoon of sour cream, and ate that on two ryvitas. Look, it sounds crappy, but it was really yummy and got me through til the end of the day. Cant complain eh?! Leftovers rock! Talk about stretching the food eh? Its like the lasagne all over again!

For dinner I made chicken caesar salads and had Mike and Heather over which was great. Probably drank a bit much but we laughed a lot and we were celebrating - Heather got her 'articling' job for next year in Toronto. They live in Ottawa normally as Heather is studying law there, and have been home for the summer so it will be great to have them closer! Plus Mike is a pilot and works out of Toronto so will be awesome for them.
Anyway, the caesar salads were pretty good, I added pickled peppers (as much fun to say as they are to eat) to the salad mix, and brushed the chicken with a spicy habanero tequila bbq sauce. Lush. I also baked up some prosciutto to be nice and crispy and garnished the salads with that. No egg this time, but still tasty stuff. They were quite pretty, I think I was too hungry to even get a photo, sorry.

Afterwards I bought out some goats brie, crackers and some crackers and we munched away on that with some apples, strawberries and grapes until we were just about out of beer & wine. Whoops! Still, great way to spend the evening, it was just a shame Lee was on night shift.



No comments: