August 21, 2011

So I slept in a bit, and skipped breakfast. Lee dropped off a grilled chicken pita for me for lunch around 1pm, and it was soooo gooooood. Probably loaded it with a bit too much tzatziki but really, is there any such thing?!

I defrosted some mega steaks for dinner, here is my standard comparison scale for you:



I served them with a salad of lettuce, tomato, onion, pickled peppers & illegal croutons (but so worth it!), and also some oven baked mushrooms wrapped in prosciutto. I thought 'why not' as they were left overs but to be honest the mushrooms were a little overpowering. Would have been better to crisp up the prosciutto and throw it in the salad. Still, was a really easy dinner and the steaks were so mighty, a great way to celebrate Lee coming off shift work for the next month. :D

No comments: