August 13, 2011

Right... soooo... I woke up before Lee got home this morning, hobbled my way to the bathroom (I can hardly walk, I have a ridiculous bite on my leg/food and its almost immobilizing me) and thought I would wait up for Lee. My leg hurt so bad I went back to bed, was asleep when Lee got home, and slept in until after 10. Nice. So much for an early breakfast and spin class today.

I quietly got up around 10am, and at around 11 I had some cereal with some milk. You don't see cereal and milk in this blog much because I have to try to stay away from dairy, and I choose to cheat with cheese rather than milk. Having said that, I always say if your body says it needs something, listen to it. I felt like milk, so I had some. And regretted it soon afterwards, hahaha.

I didn't eat lunch until 4pm, which is terrible, and I had some yogurt and strawberries with some nuts. I made a mistake though... I used a knife I used previously to 'score' the eggplant I was roasting to cut up the strawberries.... I completely forgot I also cut up some garlic with the same knife, to roast along side the eggplant. I kept sniffing my spoon and my cup and couldn't work out why my fruity goodness tasted so... rank! Garlic yogurt anyone?

Before Lee went to work I made an eggplant and spinach dip, used cheese again (three, actually), and it was pretty good. Might post a pic of it later.

So it has been a dairy heavy day without it being a heavy day on food. Might need to eat something later on. I defrosted some prawns, might chuck them in the skillet for a few mins... maybe.

Spoke to mum for a bit this evening, it was good to hear her voice. I hope the move goes well, and I must say I am looking forward to cooking in that kitchen mum! Might bring some of that special fancy pasta from Vincenzo's!

xxx


No comments: