May 30, 2011

Last night's dinner had us full as a goog for the rest of the evening. Delicious. I didn't add a pic yesterday, so here's one now:


Breakfast today was the usual, grapefruit and ryvita. We rode into work (although at different times, Lee is back on shift and doing 7am to 7pm for the next week). Had a peanut butter muesli bar when I got to work. Haven't had them before but they are sickly sweet, not sure I will have another. Its ok for Lee, he has the metabolism of an ox. I am unfortunately not so lucky.

Lunch today was left over rissole and coleslaw. It was... well, ok.

Tonights dinner plans were touch and go. I cant believe I planned soup week around a humid heat wave. Still, after a call to my mum (I needed convincing) I made mushroom soup with a Mez Egg. The recipe says a poached egg, but we call them Mez Eggs, as you already know.  I used chanterelle mushrooms (the recipe just said dried mushrooms and my choices were slim, I really didn't want to use dried portabellas) and white button mushrooms, and threw on a few shreds of parmesan. Here is how it turned out:


I have to say, in spite of the heat and in spite of my laziness, this was an absolute treat. It was a joy to eat, and  we are glad we have more left over for dinner tomorrow night. Although I might have to have a salad too, tomorrow is going to be more humid than today....

Time for some Swammi me thinks xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chanterelle are delicious and I have never thought to soup them. The fact that they cost so much probably puts me off and have only ever cooked them for putting on toast. Try it some time. Lightly fry in real butter with tiny bit of garlic,salt pepper. Add real cream and fresh nutmeg. Simple and yum. You are lucky to get them dried. Have not seen them in Aus and get em fresh in Suisse.

Spans said...

The mushies were good, but they were very small. We can get them fresh too, I didn't see any this time but might next time. Any chanterelle recipes mum? All I know is that seasoning them is a sin!