May 11, 12 and 13, 2011

Right, there seems to have been a bit of a problem with my blog, my previous posts didn't post, and then I was locked out for about 30 hours. So here we go playing catch up.

May 11:

Confession of snacking on May 10: Honey on bread. In the grand scheme of things, its not too bad I guess.
I had grapefruit for breakfast, with a coffee, no ryvita.
For lunch I had a ham and cheese sandwich with olives, and it was delicious. So much better than it sounds!
On Wednesday night we met up with a couple of friends who are back in town. We went a bit early to get something to eat because I was completely disorganised. My dinner was a sausage in a bun with sauerkraut. I don't know if I am alone here, but sometimes I really crave sauerkraut! And when its on a menu, Lee can safely put down $100 down knowing its a safe bet, its a sure thing. And.... It was awesome. It came with a MASSIVE side of yam frites, which were pretty good but couldn't get through them.


May 12:

Breakfast was yogurt with nuts, no coffee, no ryvita.
Lunch was some sweet chilli rice snacks, and then a bowl of asparagus and basil soup with a dollop of sour cream.



Dinner turned out to be steak, as I waited for Lee to pick me up from my interview with the Food Bank for the volunteer position at a bar, and I got the call about my new job, and I start Monday! Awesome. So we stayed there for another giant beer and a steak. My steak came with some tempura onion, a baked potato with spring onion & bacon (sour cream on the side) and some coleslaw. Sorry, no pic. For the record, I didn't eat it all, I ate half of everything, other than the steak. I mean, come on?!

May 13:

Happy Birthday Mel! I had a yogurt with nuts for breakfast. With a hazelnut coffee, niiiiiice.


Lunch was on the go, I had a ham and turkey ciabatta with lettuce and tomato. It was ok.
Dinner tonight was taco taco night. We bought a taco kit (Old El Paso, is there any other?!). It was the health wise one, and I gotta say, not as tasty as the full fat full salt full msg kind! But the garlic tabasco kicked it up a notch which was well received. Also, I have to note, the absence of cheese was noticed. We tried, but we wont be making that mistake again.


Sorry about the cramped post, disappointed I had to write the first two days twice, but aaahhh well, what are you gonna do?! We are Canadianizing quite nicely I think.

Smooches! xxx

No comments: