May 08, 2011

Dinner left us so stuffed last night that I even woke up feeling full and uncomfortable. I think we just ate too much yesterday in general, but I will definitely make those walnut crusted chicken fillets again, they were delicious in the slider buns but reckon they will be good in many different ways. I might try the frying method at some point to crisp them up but its good to know they are awesome without having to do that part.

Breakfast was grapefruit and a peanut butter ryvita. Nice and early for a Sunday morning. I always hate the start of a jar of natural peanut butter, so oily and disgusting. It is worth the effort of mixing it up though.

We were out and about soon after breakfast, I had a photography assignment to attend to so we did a lot of walking around parks to find the ideal place. We were still out by lunch time so picked up a grilled chicken pita on the cheap and kept going. Didn't really get the results I wanted but have enough to complete my assignment.

Dinner was lemon pepper pork loin & salad.  It was.... toothsome. I am running out of words and getting sick of delicious, scrumptious, delightful and tasty, so I had to resort to a thesaurus search to help me out on this mighty fine day.
Anyway, the salad was more than brilliant, we were both sad when it was all gone, and the pork was actually pretty good, albeit overcooked. The meat thermometer said to cook it to 170 F, but I took it out at 160 and  even that was a little overcooked. Still, it was tasty, and that salad was out of this world and the highlight of the meal. Rocket, tomato, red cabbage, olives & goats cheese with a mustard & balsamic dressing.

No comments: