May 29, 2001

Had a yogurt with some nuts for breakfast before heading out to finish off our weekend tasks.

Another productive yet thirsty day, its rather humid and starting to warm up a bit, so a pint in the sun with our lunch was in order. I had a chicken and mandarin asian salad which was awesome, loved the black sesame and poppy seed dressing, and we shared a side of sweet potato fries. Lunch looked like this:



Dinner is rissoles in thin buns (I call them slider buns but apparently sliders are the same thing but in miniature versions), with avocado and salad. Lee is on cooking duty, hoorah! We also have coleslaw left over, yummy yum yum.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

hey, have you ever tried cooking your own sweet potato chips. in either over or [an (not deep fryer) ? I can't seem to crack it!

Spans said...

Hi Mez. I have tried loads of time, I do make great wedges but they are still rather soft. I have heard of people changing oils to one with a higher flashpoint and cranking the oven, but didn't work for me. I have also heard of people adding breadcrumbs to crisp them up a bit, but haven't tried that. I think a big steaming vat of fatty oils is the only way to get a truly remarkable fries! we did make circle chips on a pizza stone but they took forever (if you double up they stay soft). xxx