May 01, 2011 - continued....

So my fantastic husbandman has been running all over town for me today while at work, scanning docs for me to send to send to my new employer and then bought me some lunch! Grilled chicken pita with olives, lettuce, tomato, onion and feta cheese. Delicious.

I had no energy or feeling for cabbage rolls, so instead I made a lazy lasagna with the left overs in the fridge and the cupboard. Celery, onion, beef, pancetta and zucchini. It was pretty much thrown together but it worked out really well. Had some wholegrain ciabatta so toasted that up too. Too full to move now.

Grocery shopping tomorrow, busy day/week ahead.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

these cabbage rolls sound great. what are they?

Spans said...

Cabbage rolls are awesome, there are many traditional ways to cook and serve them from many different nationalities. I kind of made mine up, using a Croatian recipe as a base, but they are easy and you can stuff them with whatever you want. I stuff mine with chicken mince, egg and veggies, then bake them in a tomato based sauce. You can put rice or other grains in there, or serve them on rice or grains, or even pasta. Even in a soup! They take a bit of time but are dead easy, will be making them again tomorrow. I posted pics from last time I made them. I reckon they are a work in progress, so versatile!

xxx