May 27, 2011

Even though last night's dinner was delicious and pretty filling, I got snacky later on. I have been really good with curbing the snacks but I couldn't do it last night, so had some rice crackers and hummus, then a late night half sandwich (hot salami and tomato sauce). Whoops.

Breakfast was the usual, and the grapefruit was much better than yesterday. I ate a banana when I got in to work.

Lunch was meant to left over salad but I didn't feel like manky salad and needed something a little more substantial so I went to the work cafe on the first floor. Not much selection, but I eyed off and decided on a turkey and brie focaccia. It was pretty good actually but a bit too substantial, the bread made me bloat right up instantly and my jeans got real tight real quick. Urgh!

It was a loooooong day so we met a friend at the pub before seeing Kung Fu Panda 2 at the moofies.  We had a bite to eat there, and I had a buffalo chicken wrap with salad (artichokes, cranberries, almonds, and something else I cant remember, with baby spinach). I upgraded the hot sauce in my wrap from extra hot to suicide, the next notch up. I figured how bad could it be? Well, lesson learned. I could only eat half of my wrap and my mouth was on fire. I went through my beer quicker than you can say 'man this is f$%@ing hot!
I took the other half with me, determined not to let the suicide hot sauce beat me.

No snacks at the cinema, came home and I went the other half of my chicken wrap. I finished it, but never again! I love spicy food and I love hot stuff thats a challenge, but this was ridiculous. I immediately had a small yogurt to help curb the burning, which kind of worked. To finish, I had a few rice crackers (also to help cope with the incineration of my tongue) and called it a night.

Overall, a pretty good day, albeit busy and uncomfortable! xxx

No comments: