May 20, 21 and 22, 2001

Well what a weekend its been!

I will start with Friday, May 20th. After my last post I tried really hard to fight all the junk food at work but a colleague offered me one of her home made cupcakes and they were pink. I couldn't say no, so I ate one and it was absolutely delicious! Not long after I took this pic I had a massive bite, which made the cupcake a little unbalanced and it tipped over and 'frosted' my spiral notebook! Nightmare to get out, but should keep me busy in future meetings. *nom nom nom*


For dinner on Friday we had Harveys, a bit naughty but very tasty and we needed something quick on the way up to Awenda Provincial Park where our camping spot was. The traffic from Toronto heading north was horrendous, but we only actually came to a stop on the motorway once. Once we hit Barrie we were smooth sailing. Back to Harveys. They have great burgers, and Lee and I both went a Great Canadian Burger with cheese, pickles and spicy peppers. Yum yum. We love Harveys, it takes longer because they cook to order and they build it in front of you. We love that. More pickles please!

On Saturday for breakfast we had ham & bruschetta wraps with some harvarti, and a splash of garlic tabasco. I used sundried tomato tortillas and I have to say, they were damn tasty! Great way to wake up and start our day.
For lunch we had another wrap, although these were loaded with tomato, salami, pickle, salad and avocado. We rode down to the shore of Lake Huron, an awesome ride on our new bikes. The hill back up afterwards was a bloody nightmare.


In the afternoon we snacked on some corn chips and salsa, and for dinner we had hot Italian sausages with pickle relish and tomato sauce/ketchup and some onion. We absolutely love camping sausages! Our fire pit wasn't really equipped for sausage cooking, I did try to convince Lee to cook them on big sticks over the fire but we used the camp stove instead. Still really good! And LOVING the camp stove. The noise it makes when lit reminds me of Wilke camping days. I hope we all go camping together again one day, that would be awesome.


On Sunday I cooked up some eggs and baked beans, and we had that on bread (toast was a little difficult) with some ham. That and a cup of tea and we were set.
For lunch we had the wrap finale, loaded with ham, salami, avocado, salad, goats cheese (aren't we the la de dah campers?!) and of course the garlic tabasco. So glad we took that with us!

So the weather forecast said showers and thunder storms over night and all today (Monday) so we decided to forfeit our last day camping and come home in the afternoon yesterday instead. Was a good move, the storms were heinous and even though I reckon our little tent that did us so well camping through the USA last year could handle it, I don't think we could have! My cold was getting a little worse, so we thought we should try beat Monday traffic and come home instead. Before leaving we had a Tim Hortons coffee (worst in the world) and an apple fritta. Oh my god that was delicious.
We were home by just after 6pm, dead tired but happy with our efforts, so we ordered pizza, and it was delicious. Obviously the last pizza for a while though *sigh*. I do love pizza.

Will update about todays food efforts later. Will be menu planning for the week today too, so hopefully something interesting to cook up. I think I am going to get my bake on and do something with that. I want to try Mez's recipe, and I am hoping I can do the Scando ham hock this weekend. xxx

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Wow, good read. I love knowing what you are making for your yummy feeds! It gives me inspiration. I posted a few days ago, but the stupid Blogger timed out! So, just wanting to know what you decided on for your next CHALLENGE!!??

Spans said...

Yep, desserts, definitely desserts! I was actually working on this today.

Something has been up with Blogger lately, very annoying. Thanks for sticking with it though Mez! Oh btw, I have a recipe for mushroom soup that has a poached egg in it, looks awesome. I am going to have a crack at it, but the egg, while in the recipe, will remain a Mez Egg :)

xxx