May 28, 2001

Had a ryvita with peanut butter for breakfast, and head out for a big day of pay day tasks.

We were still out by lunch so we went to Coras, we haven't been before and it came highly recommended. I found most of the menu to be something fatty covered in fruit. Like eggs benedict, or cheese omelets. There was one with a cheesy meaty omelet wrapped in a crape smothered in hollandaise. Loads of cream in the dishes too. I went a spinach omelet and requested half cheese, and skipped the bread. It came out with fried oily potatoes, and I dunno, it just didn't do it for me. The table near us had a fruit & meat planner smothered in whipped cream, made me feel ill. Anyway, never mind.

I found a new pair of shoes for work (two, actually) and we managed to get a lot done, but by the end we were tired of people, and our feet hurt so we went for a knock off beer. Mega beer, actually, it was huge. I know I am not writing a blog on what I drink, but I thought this was worthy to add:


I also ordered some sweet potato fries, and they were delicious.

Dinner was pork loin with apricots and a honey ginger glaze with some healthy slaw. Pork is finally back in the supermarkets so we got another one for the freezer. I have to say, it was bloody awesome.


Looking forward to some baking shenanigans tomorrow, and a bike ride. Lee is on shift again as of Monday so have some great recipes to try. I will be riding in to work every day so will try to get more creative than salads for lunches.

No comments: