April 02, 2011

What a day. It started with me waking up and ridiculous o'clock, being 4:25am. I got up and minced around for a few hours but crawled back into bed after 7 and managed to get another hours sleep.

For breakfast we had poached eggs on toast which was ok.  Could have used some spinach or something, but the fridge is bare.

We had a lot to do today so we head out early and overall had a pretty successful day. We were in Sears looking for curtains when I found myself in the kitchen section (as you do), and there was a sale on, especially for KitchenAid products. Funnily enough my overtime fund for the food processor was enough to get this baby which was on sale - more than 50% off!



I am so stoked! It was sooner than I expected but when its reduced from $349 to $144, who can say no?! Even Lee said before I opened my mouth 'you gotta get it'. The KitchenAid stand up mixers were also on sale, and as much as I would love to have one now it would be completely unnecessary. But definitely another time tee hee. Also Breville juice factories are on sale but still too expensive, plus I got more than I bargained for today. Already writing a shopping list to suit.

Lunch today was in the food court, I had a Hong Kong style noodle soup which was fantastic but I didn't finish it. We then hit the book store where I picked about 100 cook books to buy. I am going to order some on Amazon soon.

We have no idea what we are going to have for dinner just yet, the supermarket shopping didn't happen. Instead we drove to the Maple Festival in Elmira, it was packed though so we didn't end up parking and getting out of the car, too busy, and we were too tired! There is always next year.....


Will update on the dinner situation later on. Until then, I will probably be scouring my recipes for the week to use The President. That's what we named it. Like it?!

No comments: