April 23, 2011

This morning was a little different, I mentioned yesterday that I need to change my grapefruit method, so I did. I cut it up like my mum does, and threw in some strawberries:


Much better and easier to eat, and not much more effort to cut it this way instead of wedges. I do like it better this way. It's true, mums always do know best!
I also ate a ryvita with natural peanut butter on the side. The good thing about this is it keeps me fuller longer, we have trialled this at length and the smidge of peanut butter really keeps us going until lunch. I am still pretty hungry by lunch though, and how I eat my lunch is more like attacking it. Anyway, apparently I am meant to keep up the mono unsaturated fats when I eat carbs. Seeds, nuts, natural nut butters, olives, avocado, oils, etc. It's tough!

For lunch I had a pastrami sandwich on light rye, with seeded mustard and pickle relish, and a slice of jalapeƱo havarti. Mmmmm. I sent Lee off to work with a mega version it was that good.

Dinner was really good, our favourite chipotle pork loin with healthy slaw and some asparagus. Bloody delicious! I felt a bit inspired by the weather, and while we don't have a bbq (yet), went with the theme. Soooo good.


I cut my finger badly today doing the dishes, was washing my uber sharp santoku knife and it sliced through the top of my finger. Disgusting. So I feel like a bit of a leper typing and doing ordinary house stuff. Frustrating, I keep bashing it against things like doors, fridges, plates, etc and it just opens it up again and bam, bloody central. Its not my first bad cut, and certainly wont be the last, but it doesn't make me any less of a sook!

No comments: