March 24, 2011

Today was breakfast as usual and a cup of black French vanilla coffee. Great way to start the day.

I had a handful of nuts mid morning, and for lunch I had the standard salad that looks identical to the salads I have had every other lunch so I didn't bother taking a picture of it.
This afternoon I ate an apple and a couple more nuts, and then called it a day and came home.

Tonight for dinner we had maple bbq chook fillets roasted, zucchini stuffed with corn, mushroom & onion with some grated Gruyère cheese, and a salad of lettuce, capsicum, cucumber & sunflower seeds.  The chicken fillets were huge, we were not expecting that. I think they were on the 'roids.... Couldn't really taste the maple in them, so I have decided to make my own maple bbq sauce/marinade next time. Still, really delicious meal, there was so much left over we are both having the same thing for lunch tomorrow. Check it:


Now I might be a 'just a temp' getting paid a handful of peanuts to do the same boring task all day every day, but I decided to take up the opportunity to do some overtime when it was offered. Doing 10 hours this weekend, the overtime money is going straight into a food processor fund. Just thinking of the hummus, the pestos, the soups, the marinades, the doughs, the unlimited opportunites! Getting excited already. If only I could buy a Magimix.... *cries*

UPDATE: To add, Lee bought a nice block of Swiss chocolate for us, 30 seconds later its all gone. Joy!

No comments: