December 26, 2011

Boxing Day...

So it was an early start after a pretty average sleep, for breakfast I had a gingerbread man (well, it is Christmas...) and a couple of left over asparagus.

We hit the road at about midday, heading for Holbrook where the plan was to get a pie from the local bakery. WELL, that was closed, so we continued to Gundagai, where the cafes were also closed. What?! So we kept going, snacked on some pizza shapes, and hoped we would cross some form of food shortly. We ended up at Barney's of Bookham, and Lee somehow managed not to wet himself when he read 'Fresh homemade pies' on the OPEN sign. Pie disappointment averted! I had a steak and gravy pie, with sauce, and it was bloody delicious. I miss savory pies when in Canada. Thankfully mum gave me pie tins for Christmas, a pie-makin' we will go.


When we got to Sydney, I snacked on some crackers with pesto dip (god its good), and mum made some tortellini & salad for dinner. It was an early night for all.

As this Aus trip comes to an end, so looms the end of this blog. I am not sure what I am going to do once my 365 days are up....

No comments: