December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve!  You have to forgive me, some of this is a little bit of a blur, there was so much delicious food that I definitely cannot recall everything, I am sure you know how it is....

Will start with breakfast. Started the day with skipping it entirely, I think I over did it on the sausages. Joan bought a massive 7.5kg ham for Christmas dinner, so we had ham for lunch. I had mine on its own with some tomatoes, I have definitely been a bread-oholic while in Aus!

The family Christmas eve festivities kicked off around 6pm, Amanda made the starters which were absolutely delicious - little pastry cases with beef & pesto, or prawn & mango. Had a couple of each, couldn't help it, too yummy! Dinner was a fabulous affair, there was ham, turkey, beef, salads, & veg. This was my plate:


I have to say the asparagus & cous cous salad with nectarine were my personal fav. And the condiments, we had just about every condiment you could imagine, including three types of mustard. I love my condiments!

For dessert Joan had bought mounds of fresh berries and was served with vanilla bean ice cream. Oh my god, lush! Then naturally when we were all too stuffed to think about it, we went ahead with some GBM's.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: