December 12 to December 16, 2011

And what a big week its been....

Monday morning I had berries for breakfast with pecans and a dash of maple syrup. Ingrid bought in some Lindt chocolates, so I had three before lunch, whoops!
Lunch was delicious, went to Sakura Island for sushi, I branched out and had the Alaska roll, which was prawn, salmon, avocado and cucumber. Naturally it came with the miso soup, the 'sparkly' noodles, and a small salad.



Managed another Lindt ball in the afternoon, then hit the road to Toronto after work. Lee took me to Milestones for dinner, where we shared some risotto goats cheese balls to start, and I had a chicken Californian salad. Risotto balls were amazing, chicken salad a a bit too loaded with dressing but was still good.



Tuesday morning we had hotel breakfast, which consisted of a bagel with cream cheese, an 'instant' croissant with jam, and a whole lotta free juice.


My stomach was a little upset (always happens before flying) so I ate at the airport too about four hours later, I had a roast beef roll thing, which was plain, ordinary, and exactly what I needed. We bought some sushi to eat on the plane which was actually pretty good, and I ate a packet of mesquite BBQ flavoured chips, which I really liked, but you can tell I started my holiday, already eating differently.

Landed in LA five hours later, it was a toasty 14 degrees which was screaming a beer, so we head to a bar and had a couple and a cheeseburger. The burgers came with parmesan garlic fries. Oh... my... god... brilliant! Except it made the next flight a bit disgusting, stinking of garlic cheese. 15 hours of garlic bliss, haha.

I skipped my meal on the plane, but ate Lee's edamame salad (basically edamame beans & tinned corn) and then got a ridiculous amount of sleep, which is so unlike me. It pays not to drink on long hauls eh.
They served us breakfast 11 hours later, which was Thursday (we totally missed out on Wednesday), I had the 'hot' version, which was asparagus omelet with mushrooms and fatty bacon. I looked pretty stupid picking the fat off my bacon, but overall it wasn't a bad breakfast. I also ate some pineapple, and forfeited my yogurt. In case anyone was wondering.

Reunited with mum & dad, and for lunch we had cold meats & fresh small rolls. I had two, both loaded with beef, ham, pickles and cheese, and of course... mustard. It's just not a Wilke reunion without mustard! In the afternoon I snacked on some seed & nut mix, which mum picked up for me. (See? She is looking after me already!) The mix was loaded with cashews, and made a very welcomed snack.

For dinner we had kranskies, rock on! Its been too long, mum got them because I told her Lee missed them. Also had some of mums famous potato salad, and a spinach salad with almonds & bacon. Deeeeelish.

Friday for breakfast I had half a grapefruit and snacked more on the seed & nut mix. We were all hungry by 11am so I made Lee and I sandwiches with ham, cheese, mustard & pickles. But of course!

For lunch we met with Joan and her friend Sam, and went down to the beach for a wrap. Lee, mum & I all had a beetroot & falafel wrap, which had pumpkin & rocket in it. We had them toasted, which turned out to be a mistake, as the rocket went really bitter. Still, not a bad lunch and the view was stunning.


Cant complain with that eh?

For dinner, mum whipped up something amazing - lamb cutlets, steamed beans, mash and a bocconcini, tomato & basil salad. Oh, can you say spoiled much?!



And that brings us up to date. Here we are in Australia again, lapping up the views, the birds chirping and the little bit of sunshine we have, and taking some time to relax. Jet lag hasn't been bad, we are feeling pretty good considering. Will try to post when I can, 15 days left until I am done. Wow, where does the time go?

No comments: