November 12 - 16, 2011

And what a big few days it was in New York City.

Lets see, where to start.... Ok, Saturday November 12, 2011.

We bought a box of muesli bars from Walmart in Buffalo the night before, so I had one for breakfast. They offered us a snack on the plane, which I declined (way too early for sea salt chips), and landed safely at JFK at 9:30am (ish).

We waited for our mates to arrive from London, we head out to Buba Gumps for some shrimp action as a late lunch, where I had the coconut shimp (called Dumb Luck).


For dinner we had.....nothing, and then quite a few (too many) beers. Ouch.

Sunday November 13, 2011

We went for the hotel breakfast, which was pretty ridiculous really, not a whole lot on offer and a bit on the pricey side. I had a bagel with cream cheese. Yep. Cliche eh? We then had a hotdog around 11am. They were pretty small so I am not too fussed about that.

Lunch was pizza, and it was huge. The table next to us had to big blokes so I thought 'that pizza they are sharing must be a large', so we ordered two large between us. Then the waitress came along and served another table... with a bigger pizza. Uh oh.... So this is what we ended up with:


Safe to say we didn't finish it, and we could have had one to share...

We went to Applebees for a knock of drink and stayed for dinner, I had a steak salad, and it was pretty good, didn't finish it though.



Monday November 14, 2011

Skipped the breakfast at the hotel, ended up going out for lunch at a really cool local. We started with some oysters, I managed two but called it a day. I then had a burger that would knock your socks off, definitely what Lee and I call a Marshall Burger (he had one too), and we shared a side of sweet potato fries. Had a few beers, listened to some local conversations and then head out again.

Dinner was Chinese in China Town. Seemed pretty dead but I guess it was a Monday night. Too much food on the table, I went the Ma Po Tofu, which I adored, Lee got some sesame beef which rocked, and we shared some dumplings and some of the other dishes on the table. Naturally we over ordered, and left a lot behind.

Tuesday November 15, 2011

Skipped breakfast again, went to Bloomingdales with Helyn and had a bite of her blueberry muffin which was kinda rank. Met the guys for lunch, I had a beef & avocado wrap, and only ate half of it, and about three chips. I guess we were all still full of Chinese food?


Dinner was at Quality Meats, it was Helyn's birthday so we celebrated in style and had some steaks. Some mighty fine steaks, I gotta say! I went a filet on the bone, which came with bone marrow. Had some potatoes, asparagus, mushroom & creamed spinach as sides, which all were delicious. Oh, and we also had some baked oysters, which were better than the raw ones, but I am still new at this game so don't quote me on that. I would love to go back to this place, it was lovely.



Wednesday November 16, 2011

Skipped breakfast again, went back to Buba Gumps for an early lunch. I had a caesar salad, which was pretty good. We then had to haul ass back to the hotel then off to JFK for our return to Buffalo. At the airport we got snacky so we shared this amazing pastrami sandwich on rye, was good that it was an amazing sanga as the muppet that made it was a complete bitch! She was rude, she threw my sandwich at me, and basically hissed when I said 'is that mine?!'. Some people are not meant to be in hospitality....


Anyway, I ate a small cookie on the plane, then Lee and I hauled ass back over the boarder and were home by 8:30pm. We had no food in the house, so it was pita time, again. Time for a trip to the supermarket me thinks, though its a big weekend of being out of the house. Will update again later.... xx

No comments: