November 10, 2011

Ok, so last night husbandman cooked me up some dinner - steak, steamed asparagus & 4 bean salad. Ok, to be fair, I did the asparagus, and he bought the salad, but he still did the steak and my input was minimal :)
Was great. Horseradish mustard is the shizzle, as is husbandman.

Breakfast was blueberries & raspberries with pecans, flax seed & a drizzle of my good friend maple syrup. Maple syrup is actually quite healthy, full of minerals. Which apparently I need more of, says my naturopath. More on that later...

Lunch was a pita, we had some lastminute.com things to acheive before our trip to NYC, so chicken pitas were easy, cheap, and the closest thing to healthy we could get on the go. I guess. Maybe we are just lazy too...

Dinner was 'meant' to be chicken, but after I got my haircut, Lee picked me up which was after his soccer match and he wanted a pint, so we went to Ethel's. A porkadilla and two pints later, we were back home, packing and getting ourselves ready for our mini holiday.

As for the naturopath, well, it was interesting. My biggest dairy allergy is whey. My first reaction was 'what the hell... what is that even in?!'. As it turns out, just about everything. From breads to store bought pastries, crackers to condiments, even Hershey's chocolate. While my exposure to most of the above is limited, it got me thinking... shit, I am going to have to follow this closely, eh? More label reading for me. Joy. My other two big players in my dairy allergy are cottage cheese and yogurt. *sigh* try to go the healthier option, and bam, that's what you get. Good news is Swiss cheese is right down. Yeah baby!The garlic allergy is something that I am still bothered by but its actually not too bad, so I don't have to cut it out completely. Thankfully, as garlic is also in everything. *coughs* everything good *coughs*.

Will update hopefully from NYC. Catch yall later! xx

No comments: